Monday, January 5, 2015

Opposition & New living arrangments

I wont go into too much detail about this week, but I will briefly share some of the latest happenings.

Celebrating New Years in Peru was awesome! We still had a normal workday, but we ´´stayed up´´ a little late to watch all of the crazy huge, booming fireworks that went off all through the night. I have some videos that I will try to share! It was definitely interesting to see the contrast between Christmas and the start of the New Year. There were way more craziness and fireworks on the 1st, which is one of many signs of the ebbing focus on Christ that is happening throughout the world. But that just makes my time here as a missionary of Christ all the more special! I get to help bring others back to Him, and feel the joy of being an instrument in His Hands.

But being an emissary of Christ isnt easy! Besides the obvious fact of being far away from home in a foreign country, learning a new language, opposition is very real, and comes in more forms than the everyday drunk man who hits on us in the street. Believe me! Hna Jesperson and I. the latinas, and the hermana leaders that visited us this weak have experienced a whirlwind of things this week that involve haunted houses and being homeless.

Before you go off all crazy (Mom), we are doing fine. :) Let me just say again - opposition is REAL, and the things that oppose us come in all forms. I have felt this from the moment I decided to serve a mission, and even more so now that I am set apart as a missionary. To be honest, I thought the opposition would stop once I got to Perú. I know now that the hard trials that I recieved months before was just a beginning. But I am perfectly okay with that! I asked for more trials that would push me to apply the gospel more in my life, didnt I? It is perfect!

Anyway, an unwanted, unseen visiter(s) is/are occupying our apartment, and we no longer feel safe there. For now, we are staying with our Pensionista, the lovely Roxana and her daughter Brissa, until we get our new living arraingment approved by the mission office this week. We are so excited to move! We´ll once again be able to study and sleep in peace. I cant tell you how much that means to us! 

I know this letter is super vague, but one day, when I get back I will share exactly what happened. It is just too creepy, and not very edifying to share more than what is necessary. :D I will just keep this short, and end with saying that I am sure that something big and wonderful is going to happen soon or else the adversary wouldnt be so angry with us.

I love you all! Thank you for all of your prayers of protection. Me, my companion, and the other sisters that live with us have felt them. They mean a lot the us! I also promise to have more next week - until then, take care!

Hna Arroyo


No comments:

Post a Comment