Monday, January 12, 2015

Cambios!

This week is cambios! 

Hna Jesperson and I am so sad. She´s recieved a change to Cusco, and I will be recieving a latina companion. It is actually bittersweet. Change is always good, and latinas are fun, but Hna Jesperson and I just want to be companions still!

We had some rough times opening a new sector, adjusting to Quillabamba, and fighting off evil spirits, that we have become close. I hate goodbyes! But I know that her next companion is going to be so grateful for her fighting spirit and her drive. 

A wonderful thing happened this week! Actually, many wonderful things happened, but the most wonderful event was when Juana was baptized! Do you remember Juana? She is about 70 years old, and was a reference to us given by a member from Arequipa, Peru. We quickly came to love her in the 2 1/2 weeks that we taught her before we got information confirmed that she lived outside of our sector. The elders from the neighboring area then began teaching her. Well, she is now a member of the Church! I about exploded with happiness when those elders called to invite my companion and I to her baptism. It was a great day!

As far as other news go, Flor de Maria and her son Jaset have a new baptismal date for the 30th of this month, but she has been hard to contact, so we might have to change it again. :( That´s okay, though. We have been doing our part to help them make and keep covenants!

Hna Arroyo


No comments:

Post a Comment