Monday, January 26, 2015

The sons of Mosiah

Have you ever considered how amazing the sons of Mosiah were? I love to read about their missionary work and the way that they prepared themselves spiritually to preach with power and authority. They are huge examples of the kind of missionary I want to become!

It also comforts me to know that even they recieved trials in the work, and doubted a little when things were hard. As of lately, I have been considering what I can improve in order to follow their examples of faith when the field seems to be dry.

For a while Flor de Maria and Jaset went missing for a month every time we showed up for an appointment, and it seemed like the rest of the teaching pool decided to take vacations far out of our area. Hna Roman and I contacted like crazy, trying to find those that were ready and willing to listen to the gospel, and out of all of those contacts, none showed up. It was a little discouraging! And has brought me to consider options that I never looked for. The whole experience has made me pray a little more, be a little more creative, and prepare myself to be an instrument in the Lord´s Hands.  I have learned a whole lot! The first and foremost, is reliance on the Lord.

I chose to rely on Him this week by smiling and choosing to be happy no matter the circumstance. Hna Roman and I decided to stop by the home of some less active members who have always made excuses for not to talk to us. We walked into their tienda to try to win their confidence, and did so by making them laugh and asking them about themselves. At one point I felt the impression to pull out my Family History pamphlet that I´ve filled with pictures of the family, and allowed them to look at them for a while. It was amazing how easily it was to share a short message and break the ice! The dad, whose name is Jose Carlos couldnt stop looking at Alex´s picture and kept saying how much he recognized him from somewhere, but he couldnt remember exactly. Hna Roman then happily commented, ´´Hermano, it´s because you were friends in the preexistence!´´ I loved every minute of that visit. We now have an appointment to teach them how to do Family History tomorrow.

Also, after nearly a month of trying to connect with Flor and Jaset to teach them, we had an appointment this last Saturday. I was nervous right before going into that visit that she was going to drop us, but to our relief, it turns out that she has just had medical problems and trouble keeping the appointments. We talked it out, and she told us that every time we had an appointment, something came up and prevented her and Jaset from making it! That was music to our ears. My companion and I talked about opposition that comes to us when we are doing something good and important, and them transitioned into talking about the requirements of baptism (D&C 20:37). That turned out to be one of the best lessons ever! The spirit was really strong as we committed Flor and Jaset to keep preparing for baptism and following the example of Christ.

Those two experiences were some of my favorites of the week! I just want to share that the best and happiest solution to any problem is to depend on the Lord. He will comfort us with the Spirit and guide us to the right road if we just look for Him.

Quiero compartir mi testimonio con ustedes. Yo sé que el Evangelio de Jesucristo ha sido restaurado por un profeta de Dios. Hoy en día, tenemos la autoridad a efectuar ordenanzas sagradas que nos conducirán a la presencia de El. Yo amo a este Evangelio con todo de mi corazón y quiero compartirlo con cada uno de mis hermanos y hermanas. Siga confiando en La Expiación de Jesucristo. Sé que El es la único fuente que brindará paz en este mundo y en el venidero. ¡Soy su amiga en el evangelio y los quiero muchísimo! 

Hna Arroyo





No comments:

Post a Comment