Monday, December 8, 2014

Re: Families are tender mercies

Sorry for the gross picture...it is super hot here in the selva. We just sweat. :D

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Jacqulyn Arroyo <jacqulyn.arroyo@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hello friends and family!

I have come to the conclusion that some stories will just have to wait to be told until after the mission. But I will share a little bit of what is possible right now!

(Let the rant begin:)

If I ever felt like the adversary was working hard against me before my mission, this feeling has only intesified to the extreme as a missionary! I used to feel bad for him, seriously, I did because he can never be happy. But now I just kind of want to punch him in the face. I strive to be a little more Christ-like everyday, and that is the most charity that I can give to him right now.

(Rant over.)

But I also realize that being mad is also letting him win, so I´ll just let everything go. (Sorry to everyone that is reading this...welcome to my head.)

Hna Jesperson was sick for two days this week, so she slept it off until she was emotionally and physically ready to go out. It has been hard for her to adjust to the mission, and her latest comfort has been in listening to conference talks. Please pray for her. She is one of the best missionaries that I have met, which is reason for all of the opposition that she has been having. But she needs some prayers right now. 

We both do. 

We found some happiness in the week by decorating our room for Christmas! Christmas has so much more meaning to me now that I am so far away from home. And it also means something more to be celebrating it as a missionary. 

We also get to share in ´´El es la Dádiva´´, or...what is that called in the states? ´´He is the Gift´´? it is the latest message that the Church is doing for this season. It is so awesome! Go right now to christmas.mormon.org to check out the video. Right now! Please. :)

We are excited for the holidays! 

We also had some great appointments this week with two recent converts who returned to Quillabamba after a month of a hospital stay. I wish I had a picture to share with you all of them, but youll have to wait. They are some of the most converted people that I have met on the mission. And even when they have health challenges, they´re faith in God only becomes stronger.

This is all for now!

We are doing well, and Heavenly Father is always giving my companion and I tender mercies. When things get hard, we can think of our families who love us and pray for our saftey. I am telling you right now, that Heavenly Father answers your prayers, so keep them coming!

Hna Arroyo



No comments:

Post a Comment