Monday, September 22, 2014

´´Brightly beams our Father`s mercy...``

Do you remember the story that I told last week, about the woman and her kids that we confused as Glady`s? Well, Heavenly Father totally led us to gold that day.

We met with Edit and her mom this week and got to know them a little better before our lesson. They had met with the missionaries some years before, but then one day, as they told us, those missionaries stopped visiting them. Hna Thompson and I imagine that Edit and her family were dropped because they never progressed with the Elders those years before. But now they have so many desires to meet with us and come to church. We are really hopeful that they will progress  and accept the gospel! But time will tell. All we know is that the Spirit came into the lesson that we had with Edit and her mom really strongly, and they felt it. 

Other news of the week!

We had a multi-zone conference with President. I left on such a spiritual high! It is always inspiring to learn from the other members and to hear when Heavenly Father wants from us in our sectors. There is always room to grow and do better. 

My companion and I also received a ton of help from the members this week in our lessons. Usually we have to make calls and kind of beg the members to acompany us, but lately they have been contacting US to ask if they can come to our lessons! We
 are really loving the new organization we have in the ward. The members are so much more motivated to do missionary work, and they are being amazing examples to us. Just this Sunday Hna T and I watched as Hna Rosalia brought in several less active members with her to Sacrament meeting. She had gotten ready super early in the morning so she could go out and help others come to church. 

I love that woman so much.


Our friend Carlos also helped us! He is from a neighboring ward, but he likes to go out with the missionaries in the stake. He is such a star! But we are a little worried for him because he still isnt married. Haha - he`s worried, too! This is a real problem that all of the RM`s have in Peru after their missions. So will you please pray for Carlos that he will find himself a wife? He`d be eternally grateful.

Other miscellanious happenings of the week:

Jheysi and Abraham received their baptismal interviews! They are so ready to be baptized. Their baptismal date is for the the 9th of Octubre! 

I also found a ginormous bug in my shoe one morning as I was putting them on my feet. You can imagine the conversation that my companion and I had:

Me: ``Eeh...Hermana Thompson!
Hna T: ``Yeah?``
Me: ``There is a BUG in my BOOT!``
Hna T: (laughing)
Me:``Please help me!``
Hna T, laughing and shaking the life out of my shoe: ``There is NOT a bug in your shoe!``
Me:``Yes, there IS! Seriously - It is ginormous!``
Hna T, after shaking it some more: ``Ah! There is a HUGE bug in your shoe!``

We left it there in peace for the entire day. The bug is now dead, but I have plans to burn my boots. 

This is all that I can think of right now! I`ll make sure to do better next week.

Love you all!

Hermana Arroyo






No comments:

Post a Comment