Monday, September 15, 2014

A new way to contact

Let me just start out by saying that Hna Thompson is the best. She comes from Summerlin, and she will be ending her mission this change. (We have a promise between each other never to mention it.) She is also so funny and dorky, which always us laughing to tears. Hna Thompson very much might by my soul mate. 

We have had tons of funny experiences together already, but this next one really is the best:

We set out to meet with Gladys and her kids one day to introduce my new companion and share a message. As we climbed up the stairs to her street, I noticed two of Glady's kids having a good time playing on the railing. Catherine, her daughter called out to us, and so we went to them, les damos saludos with kisses and then went off to meet Gladys. The only problem was that no one answered. We knocked really loudly for a good 5 minutes, and then decided to go ask Catherine and her little brother to come help us. They were a little confused when we told them that their mom wasnt home, but they were happy to show us where their mom was. She was visiting with a friend, they told us, so I wasnt too worried when they led us down an unfamiliar street. They ran inside, got their mom, and I was horrified when I realized that ''Catherine'' and her brother werent them afterall. I couldnt find anything to say, so I just watched as Hna Thompson started talking to the woman:

Hna T: ''Good afternoon! We are looking for Gladys. May we speak with her?''
Woman at the door, confused: '' ...Im sorry, but I dont know Gladys.''
Hna T: ''Are you sure? These are Glady's kids, and they brought us here so that we could meet with their mom.''
Woman at the door: ''No - they are MY kids.''

We ended up making the most out of the situation and contacting the woman. I then explained the mistake that we had made, and the woman started to laugh with us. We couldnt have asked for a better ice breaker! We now have an appointment with she and her family. :D

(As a sidenote, Gladys answered the door almost immediately when we returned. We feel like we were ment to meet Edith and her kids, no matter how incredibly embarrazed we were about the situation! haha.)

As far as investigators go, Jheysi and Abraham are progressing! We are meeting with them several times a week. 

We also met with some less active members! I am always blown away by how well Hna Thompson is able to gain the confidence of the members with her personality. Every person has a gift that the other doesnt have, and they can touch someone that others have a hard time doing, and I am seeing this with her! I couldnt be more grateful to be working with Hna T. She has a desire to work hard and to give it her all, which is something that I want to do to. This change is going to be great - I know it!

Hermana Arroyo

''I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain...'' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment