Monday, June 23, 2014

The elect of Puno

Hermana Chipunavi and I have recieved several surprises this week as far as investigators go. The other day we were walking in the street to another appointment, and a construction worker stopped us to ask a question. He saw me carrying my scriptures out of my bag, and so he firsted asked if we believed in the Bible. His next question was about why there are so many churches in the world if there is only one God, one Church, and one baptism. I kind of stood in disbelief after someone as prepared as he is contacted US first, so Hermana started talking first. He didnt want to give us his address to meet with him, so we are going to contact him in the street again this week. 

We had another similar experience after there was a Young Single Adult activity in the chapel. One of the ward members presented to us her friend Samuel, and so we set up an appointment to meet with him another day. Samuel is a bit timid to talk, so we made a special effort to get to know him and gain his confidence on the day of our appointment. It wasnt hard to get him to open up, especially as we started to ask him about his faith in Christ and what he knows about the Bible. We came to find out that he loves the scriptures and knows them really well, and so he began talking and sharing his testimony about pray and the Savior. The Spirit came into that room so strongly, and there was no doubt in my mind that Samuel is one of the elect in Puno. 

Experiences like these two make me so grateful to be a missionary at this time. I love the light that shines in the eyes of our investigators when the Light of Christ connects with the truth. And I love to be able to remind one of my brothers and sisters about who they are and what their purpose is in the life. No matter what kind of challenge Hna C and I face during the week, it is all worth it if we can find those whom we have been sent to find. This life is great! And this gospel is even better.


I love you all! If you ever have questions about anything, you can ask me. We may be far away from each other, but every one of you is important to me - and even more to Heavenly Father. Dont forget it.

Hermana Arroyo

No comments:

Post a Comment