Monday, May 18, 2015

The shock of my mission

It´s going to be a challenge to write this week, because so much has happened within the last couple of minutes.

Have I ever told you about how awesome Hna Ramos is? She is so fun to work with, and the best part of being friends is that we will be able to hangout after the mission because she is also from Vegas! (Woohoo!) I love her to death. Here are some more dorky pictures of us:


(1) Hna Ramos and I get a little crazy after lunch. We decided that it would be fun to teach our Pensionista´s daughter how to do a dip. 
 2) We took this picture as we were doing service for a family that manufactures chairs. That´s a cool drill gun in Hna Ramos´s hands.)

I´ve had the time of my life being here in Juliaca. It was a tender mercy to come here and meet so many special people that we´ve been able to teach, but the Lord says that after six weeks, it is time to go! I will be going to be serving in Cusco as a Sister Leader, and so Hna Ramos and I will be parting soon. :,(( I´m still in shock about it all, and never in my life have I felt so inadequate! It´s a testament that the Lord really does call us in our weaknesses. :) Nevertheless, I am so excited for this new adventure and to learn all that I need to! (I know it is going to be A LOT of things.)

Anyway, this week was special! We met with Guido again, and he is progressing little by little. One of our less actives recently just put in her mission papers, and she is pumped to get ready to serve! We´ve also had several appointments with a less active familiy, La Familia Orihuela, and they are opening up to us more and more. We´re getting them started on reading the Book of Mormon as a family, and the kids came to Church this Sunday, all happy and smiley. Not to mention, they invited us over for the birthday of their daughter Dayan, and we ate a super yummy chocolate tres leches cake!! :) 

There is probably so much more to report, but nothing else is coming to mind. It´s been a great week!

I love you all! Always remember to pray and read the scriptures for guidance. They are the gateways to receiving personal revelation!

Hna Arroyo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment