Monday, July 6, 2015

Improvement

It´s been one great week. 

I started it off by making a list of all the things that keep me from feeling the Spirit. It´s part of a 40-day Purification so that I can serve the Lord with all of my mind, heart, and strength. And I´ve never been more focused nor happier in my life! Morning and night I have those we teach on my mind, and I just feel an out-pouring of love for each one. My companion and I are working in-sync like never, which means that we teach with the Spirit, investigators progress and days just fly bye. (although, I can live without that last little bit.) Can life just continue to get any better? 

My favorite appointments this week were with Mercedes and Wilber. They are a part-member family that we are getting to know. Mercedes is just a star! She has a repentance process to go through, yet she has so much faith in the Lord. We know of her sincere desire to change because of her love for us and her desires to share the gospel with Wilber. She is always there to share her testimony and to gently invite him to learn and attend church...I LOVE that woman and her family. 

Oh! This week was also filled with opportunities to help others with Family history. We met with a less active sister that has a TON of information on her genealogy, but she needs help working the computer in order to transfer it all to familysearch.org. Sunday, the missionary couple in the area went searching for me during church in order to help translate their family history class into english. That was so fun!

My new favorite scripture is found in Alma 37:9. I´ve learned so much more about how the Book of Mormon brings others to a knowledge of Christ, and how that brings them to repent. I´ve been striving to apply it to my life, and I know that it is TRUE!

Hna Arroyo

No comments:

Post a Comment