Monday, March 9, 2015

Trials to help us grow

In this email I want to share my testimony of prayer. It has become totally invaluable to me now like never before as I strive to better apply the gospel. I know that when we pray, we are literally communicating with the Creator of the Universe, and that He listens because we are His children on this earth. His whole purpose is to help every one of us return to live with Him, but He cant if we dont pray. I make mistakes everyday, and so I am constantly praying for help to change and recieve strength to do it. And I know, that every time that I have prayed, Heavenly Father has answered me. I now cant aford not to pour out my heart to Him everyday! If I dont have a nice long conversation with Him in the morning, I wont be able to function for the rest of the day nor have the power to help others. 

This past week, before going into a lesson, I noticed that my companion was mad about something, but didnt want to talk about it. I prayed for my heart for patience, and was about to suggest that we cancel our appointment, when Hna Roman knocked on the door of Ronald and Janet, and Ronald answered and invited us in before the words left my mouth. I have enough time in the mission to know that if we dont have the Spirit as a companionship, there is no way that we are going to teach! But there was no turning back, and we entered totally relying on the Lord to help us procure the Spirit to teach. 

At first the situation seemed hopeless, but the more I prayed for myself and my companion so that we could be instuments in the Lord´s Hands, the Spirit slowly began to enter. I recieved the strength to forget about what happened ten minutes before, to love my companion and to care about how she felt. As we began teaching Ronald and Janet about the Restoration, I looked over at my companion and noticed how the Spirit filled her eyes, and we both were able to be guided by Him. The Holy Ghost filled that room like electricity, and the family that we were teaching were comprehending the doctrine and testifying of how it all made sense to them and that it is true. That was a miracle given how we felt when we entered their house!

Hna Roman and I were hugging each other as we walked out of that lesson. And the miracle came about through prayer and faith! I keep thinking back to what would have happened if we had been too prideful to allow the Spirit to work in us, and how much different would have been the reactions of Ronald and Janet. I do know that if we didnt have prayed, totally relying on the Lord, we wouldnt have been made instruments in His Hands. 

I love this gospel! Keep praying in faith and seeking to follow Christ. He lives, and I have this testimony after many prayers and listening to the Spirit. I promise you that if you pray and rely on the Lord, He will guide you, strengthen you, and fulfill all of your righteous dreams! He has done all of this and more for me so far.

Hna Arroyo



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment