Monday, August 18, 2014

Rain

This week has been a bit of a challenge! But not because we didnt have lessons - we´ve been blessed with lots of less actives and new investigators to teach. Hermana Chipunavi has been in Cusco for the second week in the row for medical problems, and I have been a little stressed out leading the sector. I´ve totally relied on her for everything, and so  now I am getting a taste of what it will be like when we separate. But I have learned something really important through it all. We need to be pushed out of our comfort zones in order to gain confidence; we need trials to increase our faith; and we need to know unhappiness in order to experience true joy. My faith has been challenged this week as I have gone out with members for visits, but I have also been blessed to know that although it is scary to lead, it is also so rewarding to know that I am capable. And I know that Heavenly Father is always with me, which has been a tremendous comfort.

This week we obtained permission to teach Carlos, an investigator who is 11 and all but him and his dad are members in his family. We are so excited that he wants to be baptized this month! What is more, we´ve found more people to teach through his friends at school. And so, as always, Heavenly Father is preparing his children. It is amazing to see and to be an instrument in His Hands at this time. I am so excited to help these people progress!

I have to tell you guys, though. Hermana C and I got caught in a rain storm on a mountain as we were heading to our last appointment with Carlos. It would have been miserable if we didnt have each other to laugh with and a lesson to teach. We got to the appointment SOAKED, but we had the lesson as planned where we were able to make more goals with the family. But seriously, when will we have another opportunity like this one that we had again? I love Puno!


Hermana Arroyo

No comments:

Post a Comment